Typical early pregnancy symptoms:
- Tender, swollen breasts or nipples – yes. Tender anyway. Not swollen. But PIO causes this. Today the nipples feel more sore. My bbs always get sore the week before AF. It goes away the morning of the day I get my period. This is basically how I've known that the previous cycles were a bust - the bbs stopped hurting right around beta day.
- Darkening of the areola – no
- Blue veins in breasts - no more than usual. I have somewhat large ones, and larger ones are always a little veiny.
- Fatigue – yes. But I’m always tired. Nothing new here.
- Sleeplessness – yes, a little. But no more than usual, this is an occasional problem for me that comes and goes.
- Slight bleeding or spotting – yes. But I generally get some spotting in the week before my AF, and I've had this in my other failed cycles. It's mostly been lighter so far. But that could be because of a higher dose of PIO (yes, I decided to give myself slighty more than prescribed). But just now today - spotting that's redder than before. Not a lot, but it's there and it's different. It's not pink or light brown like implantation bleeding is supposed to be. That's not a good sign - that's exactly what I've had before every other failed cycle.
- Slight cramping – yes, off and on. None so far today though. and I have had cramps with PMS before.
- Nausea with or without vomiting – yes nausea. No vomiting. Although today so far no nausea.
- Food aversions or cravings – not really. Although the thought of a glass of wine kind of grosses me out.
- Changes in taste and smell – Generally I’d say no. But I was in the grocery store last night and the whole place smelled gross. But maybe it was just that store.
- Heartburn or indigestion – no
- Constipation – yes. But I think PIO causes this.
- Frequent urination – maybe. But I read that increasing levels of progesterone can make the bladder contract, thereby making you feel like your bladder is full even when it's not.
- Headaches – had one yesterday. But I get them every now and then.
- Faintness/dizziness – no
- Mood swings – don’t think so. but I'm not the most objective judge of this topic.
- Increase in basal body temp – don’t know, haven’t been temping.
- Are crazy dreams a pregnancy symptom? 'cause I sure have been having some odd ones.
So - the net of this is that all the 'symptoms' I am having are things that could easily be either side effects of PIO and/or PMS symptoms, or similar to symptoms I have had in past failed cycles. So this little review nets us nothing more than doubt.
I think I need some kind of "symptoms obsessing anonymous" - SOA. Anybody else care to join? "Hi, my name is Carol and I am obsessing".
Today I think I’m in a stage where I really don’t want to know. It’s so strange – I’ve gone from really wanting to know, to really not wanting to know. I guess because of the fear that it might be negative, and I know how hard that will hit me. The thought of the test of Friday is starting to freak me out. It’s like it would be easier to just go on thinking I might be pregnant, then to be faced with knowing I’m not pregnant.
Tonight I'm heading down the SF for a quick business trip, back tomorrow night. That will be a good break in this week that is dragging on so slow.
Oh - and I went to the RE this morning - confirmed that I do have a Bartholin Cyst. She didn't think it was so big that it warranted immediate draining. She prescribed me an antibiotic that she said is perfectly safe in early pregnancy, and hopefully that will make it go down. If that doesn't work in a couple weeks, then she'll drain it.
ok, back to mining the internet for more symptoms to obsess over...