Friday, September 12, 2008

The slow creep. Or: I used to be a minimalist.

I used to pride myself in not having a bunch of junk around my house. And I swore that when I had kids I was not going to clutter my house up with tons of kid stuff.

But the toys. They just keep on coming. I'm not sure we have that many by a lot of standards. But it seems like they are everywhere. My mother loves buying them toys. They love playing with the toys. And I will confess that I have bought a few myself. It doesn't seem like much at first, just one or two at a time. And all of a sudden my living room is full. Especially now that we are at a stage of more interactive toys, ride on toys, stand-up-at toys. They are bigger.

but I guess we're having fun with all these toys.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Lol I have one child and enough toys for a daycare. It's really crazy since I just gave away ALOT of them. There is just something about the Little People I can't let go of though.

Bea said...

Oh, the big toys. I guess that's yet to come. Sigh.

Bea