Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Not every day is a good day - 13 weeks 6 days

Perhaps I jinxed myself (again!) with all that talk about feeling so much better. Yesterday was a BAD day. Especially last night. It started at about 3:00 and just got worse as the afternoon/evening went on - throbbing headache, nausea - bad, stomach pains, abdominal discomfort, constipation, gas, belching, etc., etc. - all the classics. I know I said before that I assumed I would still have off days - but I guess I was thinking I was through the worst of it - but I really felt awful last night.

Today seems better - so far. I hope it stays that way. We are due to fly on Friday to Washington, DC to visit J's dad - and I would really hate to endure a 6 hour flight feeling crummy.

The other thing I have been noticing - mostly in the evenings - is my belly is getting uncomfortable. I didn't expect to have this feeling so early on - given that my belly isn't really growing that much yet (regular pants no longer really fit comfortably, but I can still lay on my stomach, so it hasn't grown that much!). But by the end of the day I feel like I have done a bunch of situps - all my abdominal muscles are just sore. It hurts to sneeze or laugh. I always feel much better when I wake up in the morning. I assume it's normal - there's growth happening in there and these muscles are being stretched. Just surprising to feel this when I'm not even getting big yet.

2 comments:

Ms. Perky said...

I think it's normal that you still have "off" days. And you ARE through the worst of it... you're not feeling like this EVERY day anymore, right?

(When you're in DC, you should wave hi in my direction... I'm just a mile north of the DC/MD line)

As for the abdominal muscles... you're getting really close to the point where you can expect to notice a rapidly expanding waistline (particularly with multiples), so it's natural that your abdominal muscles are starting to stretch themselves out. It certainly doesn't sound comfortable though!

Hopeful Mother said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day... hopefully today was better.

My belly is growing a lot and getting uncomfortable too. I'm guessing that by 15-16 weeks I will be obviously showing and "popped." Funny how singleton moms don't usually see this until 20-24 weeks... but we are blessed! Twice!