Wednesday, June 13, 2007

desperate housewife?

I have just met my new cleaning lady and I am so excited! She didn't actually clean today - just a meet & greet. She will come back tomorrow to clean, and then every other thursday.

She’ll even fold the laundry if we want her to! And we can leave her a list each time of there are things we want her to pay special attention to – otherwise she will just do the basics (vacuum, dust, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) And – she brings her own cleaning supplies!

It makes me wonder.... what kind of desperate housewife I have turned in to, when I am so excited about someone coming to clean my house! I'm almost as excited as I was a few years ago when I got my new washer and dryer.

Wow.... if 15 years ago you had told the 21 year old me that I would be getting so excited over these kinds of domesticities - I would have thought you were smoking crack!

times have changed....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How scary is it when we start turning into our moms?

I'm procrastinating hiring a housecleaner, mostly for fear of not finding a good one, or of getting someone with no compunction about taking things. A clean house would be amazing though, and I guess I can't put it off too much longer....

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I can not WAIT until I get pregnant and can hire a cleaning lady! We have 2 dogs and I feel like all I ever do is clean. I told my husband that when I get pregnant that will be my treat to myself. I'll still obsessively pick up dog hair everyday, but someone else can do all the big stuff!

Jaimie said...

I am so envious! It is funny the things in life that excite us and how they change throughout our lives. I can't hire a cleaning lady because she would have to come at least three times a week to keep up with our furball of a house. She would probably run screaming too. I love my animals so much, but they are a lot of work to clean up after.

Anonymous said...

Not desperate, just smart!

Nickie said...

I want a cleaning lady!!!! Waaaaahhhhhhhh!

So glad you've found someone - I hope it works out great for you.

Sarah said...

i know what you mean, i never imagined myself here, exactly. but having a cleaner is great!! and sounds like you found a really good one.

Anonymous said...

I dream of cleaning ladies, and not in that kinky, French maid sorta way. I just hate spending quality "us" time to scrub the toilet and vacuum cat hair off the sofa.

abby said...

I am sooo jealous of your cleaning lady! There is no way I can hire one now when I'm not even working though...G would have a heart attack.

I loathe cleaning so much though, I'm already thinking that I'll talk him into it once the baby comes :)

And it is funny how the things that excite us change...coming home to a freshly and professionally cleaned house sounds about 1000 times better than standing in a bar late at night listening to some crappy band, that's for sure!

One View said...

I've thought of getting a cleaning lady too.. cause I hate our house being messy but I hate to clean. My sister has one and tells me her house has never looked better and its beter on her marriage cause she doesn't have to nag her hubby to help clean anymore. I just can't justify getting one now when I can do it myself.. but maybe one day.