Tuesday, May 20, 2008

another special milestone

Yesterday – May 19th – my babies were 34 weeks and 3 days old.  This means they have now been outside of me for as long as they were inside me.

 

(No – they weren’t born at 34 weeks, but this is the amount of time from when they were transferred to me as embryos until when they were born – since technically you’re already 2 weeks pregnant at the time of ovulation, and they were transferred as 5 day embryos – so 19 days pregnant, technically.   So born at 37 weeks 1 day, minus 2 weeks and 5 days, gets you 34 weeks and 3 days. You didn’t know we’d be doing math today, did you?)

 

It’s a milestone that a lot of people wouldn’t understand.  But it’s meaningful to me. 

 

Tomorrow they will be 8 months old.  Where has the time gone?

 

 

No comments: