Monday, October 19, 2009

still kickin

wow, it's been 6 weeks since my last post. sorry.

I'm still here. I've been taking a break, but am about to dive back in.

We had a great vacation on our boat, a much needed time away to focus on family and just have some fun. Now we're home, trying to get organized again and re-motivated for work & household stuff.

Friday was my 39th birthday. My mom came to visit and we had a great fun weekend. Now back to reality.

On the IF front:
I've been going to acupuncture weekly and taking herbs. I think something it working, because I feel better than I've felt in a long time. No depression, energy level is much better, and I just am having the lightest period I've had in almost 2 years. I'm on day 5 of my cycle now, I'll start OPK testing on day 10 and go in for a check on day 11 or 12. We will hopefully be transferring our last two embryos in a couple of weeks.

I haven't done anything about a plan B - if this transfer doesn't work. I don't know what we'll do, and hopefully we won't have to figure that out.

the bad news - I've gained a shocking amount of weight. Vacation was very good to me, too much carbs and wine. So I'm back on a mostly veggie diet this week, trying to get things back under control again. I'm very disappointed in myself here - I'm almost 10 pounds over the number that I swore to never again see. So I must do something about it.

that's it for now. I'll keep y'all posted when I have more cycle updates to share. Hopefully it will be all good news this time.

1 comment:

T-Mommy said...

I know first hand it isn't easy to take a step back and give ourselves a break but as hard as it is, it sure helps a lot to put the pieces back together and recharge bateries.

I am so glad you had the chance to do it and feel better now.

Hoping to hear the much wanted good news out of this coming cycle.

Hang in there, you can do it! ;)