Let’s review… In the last three weeks:
- Danny has started walking
- He has also grown about a foot and can now reach things on the table and counters – so I need to rearrange everything.
- Callie’s vocabulary has doubled – and I think she has started saying “no”. great.
- She laughs at me when I try to give her a time out.
- Callie has started running
- The kids both started preschool
- Danny has started new PT and OT
- My MIL was at my house on very short notice for 3 days. And she’s coming back today.
- I have a mooching grown step-son ‘temporarily’ staying in my basement who has now been here almost 5 months (although I think he may have finally found a place of his own and hopefully is moving soon)
- Jim’s ex wife managed to over extend and then default on a credit card that he didn’t even know his name was still on – so the credit card company has come after us for the money – screwing his credit and our plans to refi our mortgage
- I have had poop on me once and on the floor once, pee on the floor 3 times, been barfed on twice, had snot wiped all over me (so nice to be out shopping and realize that there are dried boogers on your shoulder).
- I have had an oil heater explode in my children’s room – thank GOD they weren’t in there at the time.
- I am in a fight with my father – because he thinks I don’t may him enough individual and personal attention. ha!
- I had the period from hell last week
- My daughter has a cold
- My son has constipation so bad it makes him sweat and shake and scream when he tries to go (because I skipped one day of the preventative laxative that his pediatrician has prescribed – so no mothers guilt happening there…)
- I have been trying to pull together our tax info – much more complicated this year as I am now self employed and working from a home office
- My allergies are starting up and my eyes have been itching like crazy
- I’ve gained 5 pounds in the last two weeks – I’m sure from all the comfort food and drink I’ve been consuming
- We are firing our nanny on Thursday – because she can not show up on time reliably if her life depended on it, and I can’t take it any more. (but of course she showed up on time today – I’m sure because she realized how furious I was when she showed up an hour late last week and hadn’t called).
- So now in my spare time I have to interview for a new nanny
- Danny is already outgrowing his car seat because he is so tall – so I researched and ordered two more. But somehow I accidently ordered 4 instead of 2 (not that I have a lot going on in my head or anything). So now I have purchased $1,000 in car seats, and have to try to return two of them.
…and I start Lupron in one month, because you know, my life is not crazy enough with just two kids, we need more!
I wonder why I’m so tired?
I typically pride myself on being a person who can handle whatever is thrown at me, and I never complain, but this all just feels like some kind of fucked up karma test to see just how much can be piled on before I crack. Wahahaha….